Published on May 4th, 2013 | by Ann Rickard0
May means Festival time in Noosa
May might bring us closer to winter, but in Noosa it is a time for dancing in the streets. Well, if not the streets, at teast in the park.
Music and high-end entertainment always been an important part of the International Food & Wine Festival this year the 10th anniversary of the festival from May 16-19, will see guests bopping below the stage in the Noosa Heads Park when Timomatic, Mahogany, the Fabulous Singlette’s, Queen Bohemiam Rhapsody tribute and Martini Club proform.
With an expanded entertainment the festival program, the festival is now for lovers of great music as well as food and wine.
The festival kicks off with Austrailian queen of flute, Jane Rutter, the Queensland Virtuosi Orchestra and maestro Guy Nople Award winning soprano Taryn Fiebig, virtuoso violinist, Ian Cooper and tenor extraordinaire, Virgilio Marino will perform for a spectacular opening event: Edible Music.
The S Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurant Chefs will show their talent at the Edible Music event in a-world-first performance that includes a tribute to Pavarotti.
The Friday night festival party is going to be a dancing frenzy, starring the fabulous Martini Club, known for its eclectic mash up of dance music, modern club mixes and popular hits. Supporting acts SoulCuse and the Pantastic Steel Band complete the line up.
Saturday continues the party vibe sassy Mahogany on the main stage followed by the extravagant and flamboyant show by Queen Bohemian Rhapsody tribute to Tom Crane.
It doesn’t stop there. The festival’s finals afternoon begins on a high with the retro queens of beehive, The Fabulous Singlettes and their harmonized take on the hits of the sixties and seventies. Their finale performance is set to be a showstop featuring Aussie singer, dancer come chart stopper, Timomatic.
Known for his high-energy perfo the TV series So You Think You Can Dance and the recently named new judge on Australia’s Got Talent, his show will visual and acoustic spectacular that is sure to have everyone on their feet.
- To mark the occasion, the festival is giving you the chance to get up close and personal with Timomatic with two lucky winners being provided refreshments, meet-and-great opportunities plus a photo and signed autograph.
- Go to the festival’s Facebook page to enter.
IF YOU GO
- General Admission Tickets are $40 (Adult) or $20 (child under 13) which covers general admission to the Grand Manquee, Celebrity Chef Cooking – Demonstrations, The Courier mail life Annexe and live entertainment.
- or call 5455 4456 for further information.
- Noosa international Food & Wine Festival is supported by the Queensland Goverment, through Tourism and Events Queensland.
click left on email and send to a Friend – also share on your facebook and you can like it as well